AHERN is an African American communication ministry 'reaching outside of one communtiy and touching other communities' founded in 2005 by Rev. H. Roger Mills, Jr. for East TN and Southwest, VA. AHERN is govern by a Board of Directors consisting of pastors and community leaders.
The vision of AHERN is to reach outside of one community and touch other communities with hope of becoming a voice for the African American Community; to improve communication and to encourage individual, groups and organizations to take pride in their historical cultural through public forums and publications.
The Corporation has those purposes set forth in the Charter, including:
- To operate exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational purposes described in section 501(c)(3) and 170 (c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- To engage in communication outreach ministries, not limited to health, education, religion and news;
- To purchase or otherwise acquire, hold, own, create a security interest in, exchange or otherwise convey real or personal property;
- To solicit and receive donations or subventions and to invest, administer and distribute any funds as received, as permitted by law;
- To reach outside of one community and touch other communities. To seek, promote, and serve as a ministry of communication for the local area, district, statewide, and multi-state communities;
- To make donations for the public welfare or for charitable, scientific or educational purposes;
- To engage in any other activity not prohibited by law or in violation of the organization’s status as a 501(c)(3) or these bylaws.